Saturday, January 3, 2009

Prime Time!

I've been slaving away fixing dents, holes & cracks in the kitchen.  The time finally came when I decided to prime the kitchen.  I actually did two coats of prime because I think the kitchen really needed it.  Before the prime, our kitchen had 7 colors to it:

1 Yellow 
2 Blues
1 Beige
1 Disgust (we're not sure what was  over the sink.  It was grayish blue.)
1 Drywall White
1 Joint Compound White


Pictures right before I primed!

Pictures after the second coat of prime!

Today, I've been caulking away to fill the gaps between the mouldings and walls.  I should have done this in the living room and dining room - but I didn't.   Since I have to touch up some paint in the living room, I caulked a little in there too.  I had the caulking gun out so why not?  I hope James isn't too mad when he gets home from work!

I tried to put the top mouldings back up on the door frames in the back but the nails we have are not long enough.  So I'm going to try to truck it up to Lowe's today to buy longer nails and have James put those up tonight.  Then I can start to paint away!

 

No comments: