Monday, February 9, 2009

Starting The Front Hallway!

It was a successful day in our minds yesterday!  First, James finished up the prep work in the downstairs bathroom so I can call the plasterer guy today and have him come over to put walls up in there!  Woohoo!  I started priming and painting the downstairs entryway and stairs.  

My lovely ceiling paint job!  It's my fouth ceiling I've painted so I should be good at it by now!


I primed in the morning and started painting after dinner.  I did around some mouldings and around the staircase.  I want to do the second coat very soon so we can get the radiator hooked back up. This top picture makes it look very beigey but it's not.  


I'm in sort of a dilemma.  Now I've bought about 12 gallons of paint since we've moved here.  Probably about 20 in my life.  I use a Satin finish to paint walls.  I know this.  So for whatever reason, I asked Dan the paint guy to give me Tagsdale Linen in Flat.  Why?  I don't know.  I didn't even realize I bought Flat until James pointed it out after I started painting.  So I'm not sure if I should just stick with the Flat or maybe buy a Satin to use as my second coat?  We're using this color throughout the entire downstairs entryway, stair case and the upstairs hallways - so we'll def. need a second gallon.  I'll have to think about it.

No comments: