Friday, March 13, 2009

The Stairs Are Transforming!

I'm trying to clean up the stairs the a bit.  I just got the motivation.  I pulled up the pink carpet in the summer (gee!  That's almost a year ago!) and sort of just left them alone - hoping a magical fairy would come in the middle of the night and fix them up.  The fairy has not come.  Now in our defense, this wasn't a project that we wanted to be taking on right now.  The previous owners had a nice dark pink carpet down on the stairs and upstairs hallway.  It was less than 2 years old.  Besides the color, we didn't mind it much.  However, our late kitty cat Kiki decided to pee on a couple spots when she was sick last summer.  Thus began our stair renovation.  

I must have pulled out hundreds of carpet staples.  Therefore, wood filler became my best friend.


I sanded, cleaned and taped up in preparation for prime.

And I primed!  As you might notice, I still haven't painted the downstairs mouldings.  Well I painted some.  Since I'll have the paint out to do the stair faces, I'm hoping to finish the mouldings up as well.  I really like painting mouldings - but it's hard to paint with the wee little ones running around.  So I must wait for them to sleep and usually by then, I'm trying to do other things or just sleep myself.

No comments: