Monday, March 2, 2009

Upstairs Lights & Getting Our Bedroom Done!

James got to work yesterday to put lights in our upstairs hallway!  We are suppose to get our new service the next "good weather" Sunday.  Our electrician friend came by last week to see what was up and was surprised at how much we had done - but he didn't go upstairs since Tom was sleeping.  He probably thought every thing was done upstairs too - but oops.   It's not.  So now it's crunch time...

James running the electrical wire - he's such an expert at it now!


Voila!  Lights!  Nothing fancy but we ain't fancy people.


I'm getting to our bedroom!!!  I have to just wash off the rest of the wallpaper goo on the walls.  I primed the ceiling last night and we're going to paint it with *sigh* textured paint!  If you saw it, you would know why!  If you want to see extreme ceiling action - click on the picture and it will become all big - and you can see why we can't just paint it!  All the other bedrooms have textured paint to their ceilings so we figured "why not!"  

I bought the paint for our bedroom too.  Once again, James got sick of talking to me about different shades of this and that.  So he told me to just go to Lowe's and pick a color.  I respond "Are you sure?  Are you really sure??"  His answer, "yes."  So I went out on a limb and picked Carolina Inn Crossroads Gold.  Whoa!  That's a mouthful.  It's kind of a deep goldish yellow.  I thought it would be good to match virtually any bedding we may throw on the bed (because every knows how interior decorating is my specialty!).  I guess a more practical person would say "Becky, if you want something that will match everything, why don't you just paint it white?"  Well for some odd reason, we have a fear of white.

No comments: