Friday, February 18, 2011

Hallway is Done!

So I took on the task of re-painting the downstairs hallways/staircase/upstairs hallway.  I finished a few days ago and I'm pretty happy with the results.  I painted the ceiling too - I hate painting textured paint.  But what can you do?

View from the kids' room.  Next project - work on the floors.


The pictures are up!

I still have to paint some mouldings and the doors - but that shall come later.

James' backsplash project turned into a "new countertops & backsplash" project.  We bought really pretty glass mosaic tiles for the backsplash and will be picking out beige marble tiles for the countertops.  This better "complete" the kitchen...only took us 3 years, 1 month to do.  We're on day 5 now with no kitchen sink and I've been in really good spirits about it.  We went 6 days with no kitchen sink on our first "kitchen re-do" 2 1/2 years ago and I went nuts.  I must have better hormones flowing through my body now than I did back then.  I don't want James to rush - if this is "it" - then I want him to take his time to make sure everything is good.  Hopefully we'll have some completed pictures of this soon! 

No comments: