Thursday, May 27, 2010

Waiting & Woodwork

So, yeah, the siding for our house is behind on the shipping front.  Or maybe that's just what the contractor told me to stall coming back.  Either way, I don't really care - because once it's done, we'll have to worry about tackling that front yard.  Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to have a better looking front yard than the disaster that is out there now, but I really don't want to do any of the work to get to that point.  The siding should be in June 1st and they'll be over after that. 

In my spare time, I've been scraping the lead paint off the ceiling of the porch.  We're not in too much of a rush to finish it, but it will be nice when it's done inside.

On the flip side, we're excited that the wood guys are coming Saturday.  They are going to finish up our kitchen cabinets, our half bath moulding and some mouldings in the dining room.  Hopefully that will make a big difference and after some painting - it will be safe to say that everything on the first floor besides the front hall way will be "done".  And yeah, we're getting rid of the blue in the kitchen because it just isn't for us.  We're going to try a light brown.  We'll see how that turns out.

1 comment:

JoernandAllison said...

While I don't have a house yet, I can imagine there is always something to do while you're waiting for something else to be done around a house. It'll be nice when the siding is done, because that will be one more thing that is done. Tackling a yard is always exciting though :)